Read on Pakistan Cyber Force Facebook Page
Quoting New York Times, Wednesday May 18, 2011:
Contradictions have appeared in the statement of Stooge Interior Minister Satan Malik and the FIR registered at Shahrah-e-Faisal Police Station regarding Taliban militants’ attack on the PNS Mehran base. Briefing the media about the end of operation, Satan had claimed that four terrorists were killed and two managed to flee. However, according to the FIR No. 447/11 registered on the complaint of Lieutenant Irfan under sections 302, 324, 427, 353, 121/34 of the Pakistan Penal Code and 3/4 of the Explosive Act and 7 Anti-Terrorism Act, 10 to 12 militants sneaked into the naval base by scaling boundary walls under the cover of night. It further said that terrorists were carrying four kalashnikovs, 10 hand grenades, one rocket launcher and two suicide vests. The terrorists fired rockets at two planes, hurled grenades and started firing. DSP Al-Falah Ramzan Gopang confirmed that the Navy officials nominated 12 militants instead of four. He said the authorities have yet to decide the investigation officer of the case.
It is pertinent to mention here that senior police officials, including Chief Special Investigation Unit, SSP Crime Investigation Department and other police officials, who reached the spot on time, were not allowed to enter the base by Navy guards deployed at the main gate. Some of the officials who got inside were not allowed to participate in the operation and their entry was restricted to the second gate. The authorities have concluded that terrorists entered the base from the back side of the base at points out of CCTV cameras’ reach. They have ruled out the possibility of terrorists’ entry from Museum which needs a 55 rupees ticket to enter the base where a metal detector walkthrough gate is considered enough. The wedding ceremony held inside the base where civilians were allowed without any proper checking, was not included in the investigation. Meanwhile, four terrorists killed in the PNS Mehran operation have been identified. Three are Uzbek and one is an Afghani national. The postmortem reports have been completed and samples of DNA test handed over to police. The bodies of remaining two terrorists were torn into pieces.
Agencies add: Under the leadership of Rear Admiral Pakistan Navy, joint investigation team set up for PNS Mehran fiasco, has started investigation. “A joint investigation team has started the investigation,” one security official told AFP on condition of anonymity. “We have not found any video. The attackers succeeded in dodging the cameras,” another official said. A loss of over Rs 6.47 billion has been estimated in the gruesome terrorist attack. According to high officials of the Interior Ministry, the investigation team has the services of PAF, Pakistan Navy Intelligence, FIA, Rangers and others who are carrying out a methodical investigation into the attack. A senior officer of the National Crises Management Cell said the total number of terrorists was 12-15. However, officially the number will be unveiled after the report of the investigation team. He said that the committee will review the entire PNS Mehran fiasco amid evidence, recorded statements of field and duty officers besides other officials. The Committee will also review the aspect of security lapse to avert such incidents. The officer further added that due to security reasons, the name of the head of the joint committee is being kept confidential. However, he said the committee head has been given the task on the directives of the Naval chief.
The initial report of the carnage has been handed over to the Interior Ministry. The initial report says that banned organisation Lashkar-e-Jhangvi (LeJ) is involved in the gruesome attack, the same Lashkar-e-Jhangvi for whom CIA's cold blooded killer Raymond Davis and many of his alikes had been collecting sensitive photographs and intelligence material backed by USZ surveillance drones.
Quoting New York Times, Wednesday May 18, 2011:
The CIA used sophisticated new stealth drone aircraft (RQ-170) to fly dozens of secret missions deep into Pakistani airspace, The Washington Post reported Wednesday. Citing current and former USZ officials, the newspaper said the unmanned planes, which are designed to evade radar detection and operate at high altitudes, allowed the USZ spy agency to glide undetected beyond the boundaries that Pakistan has long imposed on other USZ drones, including the Predators and Reapers that routinely carry out strikes against "militants" near the border with Afghanistan.
The fingerprints of the terrorists have been sent to NADRA for methodical verifications, but no matches were found. The DNA test has also been conducted. The terror siege on a naval base in Karachi ended Monday afternoon after nearly 16 hours, leaving at least 12 security personnel and four attackers dead, as proclaimed by the interior minister.
It is also worth mentioning China confirmed Tuesday about Chinese technicians who were taken hostage during a militant attack on a Pakistani naval base, reported The New York Times. Chinese Foreign Ministry Spokeswoman, Jiang Yu, said “technical staff of a certain enterprise” had been on the naval base in Karachi and were taken hostage in the 16-hour siege, which began late Sunday and left at least 10 Pakistani security officers dead. Speaking at a regularly scheduled news briefing, Ms Jiang said she had no report that any Chinese had been injured. She did not say how many had been taken hostage. On Tuesday, Xinhua news agency issued an analysis of the attack on the Karachi base. The article largely blamed the United States of Zionism for the attack, saying Pakistan was paying the price for the recent American raid that killed Osama bin Laden for the 8th time in the last 10 years.